Learning and Teaching
- Information about the whole service
- Learning Support Service (PandA)
- PC Terminal Services for Education
- e-Learning Training Support
PC Terminal Services for Education
We provide PC terminals for Education that can be used by students, faculty and staff of the University for classes and independent study.
The PC Terminal Service for Education provides physical PC terminals (Windows 11) located in satellite classroom of the Faculty of Medicine, seminar room/ICT Commons of Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies South Building, Learning Commons of Central Library and Yoshida South Library, as well as virtual terminals (Windows 11 or Linux) that students can use from their own laptop computers or other BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) terminals.
Please use these terminals in class only with the permission of the instructor in charge of the course.
- Software necessary for classes is installed into the PC terminal service each semester based on applications from course instructors, and a unified terminal environment can be used for each class.
- The virtual terminal service allows students to use the terminals for self-study at any time, such as for class preparation and review.
- As of April 2023, the virtual terminal service can be provided via the Internet to students or instructors who are unable to commute to the university or who are traveling on business.
- Data generated and edited by physical and virtual terminal services can be synchronized and shared with BYOD and other personal terminals through cloud storage.
1. Requirements & Rules
We ask that users of the Educational PC Terminal Service observe the rules of use and guidelines(Japanese only) for each service before using the service. Each terminal can be used with a Student account (ECS-ID) or Faculty/Staff account (SPS-ID).
If you are using the university's PC terminals for the first time, please refer to the "Read Me at first" page.
2. Access physical and virtual terminals
To use a physical terminal, enter the room according to the rules of each room, turn on the terminal to be used, and log in from the ID and password input screen that appears. For more information, please refer to the Fixed Type Terminals page.
To use the virtual-type terminal, you can log in directly from the URL below.
We recommend that students use the virtual-type terminals in class through the PandA site for the course. So, please follow the instructions from your instructor.
3. Get Started
For self-study users, no application is required beforehand.
Faculty members who wish to use the software regularly in class must apply to use the software on a class terminal for a predetermined period of time. For details, please refer to Procedure for the use of PC Terminal services (for Faculty).
In addition, we can issue temporary educational computer system accounts for use by non-Kyoto University members when using the PC terminals for educational use.
4. How to Use
Instructions on how to use each terminal are provided on the leaflet page.
For faculty members who wish to apply to use the terminals for classes, please refer to the Procedure for the use of PC Terminal services (for Faculty) page for an introduction to the procedures for using the terminals.
・Using Physical Terminals
- Where are the files that were saved on the terminal prior to FY2022?
- I would like to use Zoom.
- I would like to connect my portable PC to the display.(Japanese only)
・Using Virtual Terminals
- Let me know which terminals can be connected to the VDI.
- When you type a key, a different character may be displayed.
- (For Instructors) What will happen to the registration of faculty/students in PandA and VDI?
The user of any terminal will automatically lose access to the ECS-ID or SPS-ID once the use of the ECS-ID or SPS-ID is terminated due to graduation, retirement, or other reasons.
The use of the terminals will be automatically terminated on the pre-determined end date as soon as the usage period for each term is completed. If you wish to cancel your request to use a terminal before the start of use, please notify us by replying to the e-mail received in response to your request.
7. Related Service
Cloud storage allows access to files in user storage on educational computer systems from personally owned computers, smartphones, and other devices. Please see Cloud Storage for BYOD for detailed explanation.
Please select "Use of Computers and Terminals(Educational Computer System)" for the Type of Inquiry.