Accounts and IC Cards
- Information about the whole service
- Accounts for Students and Part-time Lecturer, etc. (ECS-ID)
- Accounts for Faculty and Staff (SPS-ID)
- IC Cards
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Client Certification
- Integrated Authentication System and Campus Account Information
When using your university account (SPS-ID) to log in to important services, multi-factor authentication is required, which uses a second factor in addition to your password. The University's multi-factor authentication requires the installation of a specific application or the setting of a notification email address in order to use the second factor.
- A multi-factor authentication system uses a second factor in addition to the SPS-ID and password.
- A second authentication factor is using one of the following methods.
- "Time based One Time Password(TOTP)" ⇒ a 6 digit number that changes each 30 seconds.
※ Daily use.
- "OTP (One Time Password) notified by e-mal" ⇒ Receive a 8 digit number that can be used once within 24 hours.
※Only possible after completion of initial set-up.
- To check TOTP, use Authenticator app.
- Authenticator is set up and used on a smartphone or computer.
Updated on 2023-05-22
The app has been updated and the smartphone icon has been changed as follows.
1. Requirements & Rules
- Multi-factor authentication cannot be set up unless the SPS-ID has been activated.
- As one-time passwords are generated based on the time, an error will occur if the time on the device is off. Please set the correct time.
- If you log in with 'Trust this browser' checked, you will not need to enter a one-time password for seven days.
2. How to Use
The procedure has the following steps roughly.
- Set the clock of the PC or smartphone used for the TOTP (Time based One Time Password) display application
- Installation of a TOTP display application for multi-factor authentication by each user
- Setup up of the installed TOTP display application
- Setup to receive OTP (One Time Password) emails
For detailed instructions, see Manual・Operation Procedure.
- What should I do if none of my TOTPs work anymore?
- Where can I register Notification Mail Address ?
- What should I do if I forget my phone (or it breaks down) and cannot check my TOTP?
Please select "Authenticaion IC Card and Usage Application for Authentication Systems" for the Type of Inquiry.