- Information about the whole service
- Regulations for Use of ACCMS
- Service Application Timeline
- Service Selection Guide
- Trial Account
- HPCI Face to Face Identity Vetting & HPCI User's Guide
- E-mail Newsletter
- Publishing Research Achievements
- Submitting of the User Report
- Other Application Procedures
- Call for Supercomputer Collaborative Research Project
- Supercomputer Educational Use Project
- Programming Seminars (FY2022)
- Supercomputer System
- Use of Large-Format Printer
- Virtual Server Hosting Service
- Computing Services
- Seminars & Call for Projects
- Supercomputer Collaborative Research Project
- Application Guideline of Collaborative Research Project for Young・Women Scientists for FY 2022
Application Guideline of Collaborative Research Project for Young・Women Scientists for FY 2022
Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies, Kyoto University (ACCMS) calls for proposals of the Collaborative Research Project for scientists listed below as part of "The Joint Usage/Research Center for Interdisciplinary Large-scale Information Infrastructures (JHPCN) activities.
- (1)Young researchers under the age of 40 (including students, regardless of sex)
- (2)Women researchers (regardless of ages)
Submitted proposals are reviewed by "Supercomputer System Collaborative Research Planning Committee" of ACCMS and a committee of JHPCN, and some superior proposals are adopted. ACCMS bears entire or part of the usage fee of the adopted proposals. Awarded researchers are required to submit a research report by the end of the fiscal year, to acknowledge their use of this system when publishing the achievements in papers, and to contribute an article on their research results to our Center News (Inter-University Services Bulletin). In addition, we require their cooperation for JHPCN activities such as a presentation at the JHPCN symposium. In FY2022, the supercomputer system is scheduled to be replaced from mid-July to early October and the current system is available from April to July 15.If you wish to use the new system which is scheduled to start the operation in early October, please check the applicable box on the application form. Please refer to the following for the details.
- An applicant must be eligible for the use of the supercomputer system in FY2022.
- An applicant must be under the age of 40 or women (regardless of ages) as of April 1, 2022.
Conditions and Requirements
- ACCMS will bear the entire usage fee of the personal course (Type A or B), or part of usage fees (100,000 yen) of the group course when services are provided for its applicant only.
Non-Japanese citizens such as international students who live in Japan less than six months and Japanese citizens residing in foreign countries may need to obtain an approval. Please see the following URL for details. If applicable, please consult Research Information Section.
- Adopted researchers are required to:
- Submit a User Report of the Collaborative Research Project (Deadline:End of April, 2023)
- Contribute an article of about two pages (A4 size) on the project achievements to the Inter-University Services Bulletin.(Deadline:End of August,2023)
- Include the use of this project in the acknowledgment of academic journals or other publications, and to send us the list of the journals or the publications at the time of publishing the achievements.
※Please see "Acknowledgement for use of Collaborative Research Project" on how to specify in the acknowledgement.
- Basically the computing resources for which ACCMS bears the fee must be used for the submitted proposals or tasks closely related to the submitted proposals.
- The period of use for the current system is from April to July 15, 2022. If the adopter of the project wish to use the system during the period of use for the new system (from early October 2022 to the end of March 2023), Please check the applicable box on the application form. We will ask about the type of the new system which you request later.
We willingly adopt proposals which are expected to create achievements having an academic impact as well as are novel and are expected to develop into challenges for JHPCN in the future. If you are applying to another center with the same research, it is necessary to explain the differences in the research plan such as the reasons for using the resources of the center. We also willingly adopt proposals relating to software development that help to improve the performance and use efficiency of the supercomputer. We refer the system usage status, achievements and the presentations of the adopted proposals when we exam the future proposals.
Please send Application Form (Word file) by email to the Research Information Section.
- Deadline: Fri. February 18, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Note that the personal information provided in the Form will be used for the application purpose only.
Research Information Section, Information Promotion Division, Information Management and Communication Department, Kyoto University
comp-info*kudpc.kyoto-u.ac.jp(Please replace * in the email address with @)