- Information about the whole service
- Regulations for Use of ACCMS
- Service Application Timeline
- Service Selection Guide
- Trial Account
- HPCI Face to Face Identity Vetting & HPCI User's Guide
- E-mail Newsletter
- Publishing Research Achievements
- Submitting of the User Report
- Other Application Procedures
- Call for Supercomputer Collaborative Research Project
- Supercomputer Educational Use Project
- Programming Seminars (FY2022)
- Supercomputer System
- Use of Large-Format Printer
- Virtual Server Hosting Service
- Computing Services
- Seminars & Call for Projects
- Supercomputer Educational Use Program
- Application Guideline of the Supercomputer Educational Use Project for FY2022
Application Guideline of the Supercomputer Educational Use Project for FY2022
Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies (ACCMS) calls for proposals of the Supercomputer Educational Use Project for classes of universities and research institutions. ACCMS selects about five projects throughout the first half and second half of the fiscal year, and bears a part of the usage fees for the selected projects.
1. Eligibility and Requirements
- This project is designed for classes requiring use of supercomputer systems at graduate school, undergraduate school, or technical college conducted by an instructor of university, junior college or technical college.
- A student under the project must meet the provisions of the "Regulations for Use of ACCMS". Undergraduate students are allowed to use our supercomputer systems only during the class selected by ACCMS.
- The number of students per class should be less than 50, and will be selected based on our screening process in consideration with the amount of system load.
- The number of licenses for simultaneous use of Exceed onDemand, which is required to use some ISV applications and GUI, is limited. If you want to use it in your class, please inform us.
- The project information such as the name of the instructor, organization, class and the number of students will be published in activity reports of ACCMS.
- This project will not be available from August to September in 2022 due to the system renewal.
2. Use Conditions
A user number (login account) is required to log in to the supercomputer, so please apply for an entry course for all students enrolled. In addition, a group course or a private cluster course is required as a computing resource to be used in the class, so please ensure the computing resource by using group course which the instructor has separately applied for, or by applying for a group course dedicated to the class. Please refer to the application guideline "8. Procedures after adoption". If the group course is shared by many users, please make your own arrangements to ensure the computing resources during the class period.
3. Usage Fees
A usage fee is required for use of the supercomputer systems. ACCMS bears a part of the usage fees under this project as listed below:
|Entry Course||1,000 yen per person|
|Group Course:type B1 for 6 months,4 nodes||50,000 yen|
4. Instructors' Obligations
All instructors submitted proposals for this project must observe the following:
- All students of the classes must observe the
- The computing resources available in the Entry Course and Group Course under this project must not be utilized for any other purpose than the class adopted under this project.
- All students' necessary login information, including user IDs and passwords, issued for this project will be sent to each student. The instructor must instruct the students on the use of the system in advance, endeavor to prevent any unauthorized use and be responsible for providing instructions with students.
- ACCMS does not basically accept inquiries from individual students of this project. Thus, the instructor is required to organize students' inquiries and send them to ACCMS when necessary.
- Approval from the Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry may be required for non-resident users including international students living for less than six months since their arrivals in Japan ("International Students"). Thus, instructors must observe the provisions of laws and regulations relating to export control. When attendance of an international student is assumed, please contact us prior to starting time of the class. (Reference:Regulations for Non-Japanese Citizens and for Japanese Citizens Residing in Foreign Countries)
Supplementary Notes for Supercomputer Users of International Students
- A class using a commercially-available textbook falls under the provisions of a known technology. Thus, such a class is not subject to laws and regulations relating to export control.
- Under the preceding paragraph, submission of additional documents is generally required to identify International Students for use of supercomputer.
- Approval may be required for use of unpublished materials in class.
- Under the preceding paragraph, such persons including International Students who obtained approval for the use are not allowed to browse our user's manual accessible for our users only.
- In case where any other students than Group A (former White Countries) (26 countries having solid export control) wish to attend such a class, identity confirmation is required in terms of Catch-All Control.
Reference2: 研究が兵器等に転用されないために ～安全保障輸出管理の基本～(教職員ポータル)*Japanese Version Only
5. Limitation of Use
- Due to system trouble or maintenance, the systems may become temporarily unavailable without notice.
- During out-of-service hours, ACCMS may not be able to provide complete services.
- License services and use of the Large-Format Printer are NOT available.
ACCMS assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any disadvantages or damages resulting from this project.
7. Application for Project Proposal
Please fill out the application form and submit it together with a copy of the syllabus by e-mail to the address below. If the syllabus is not ready at the time of application, please submit a copy of the previous year's syllabus or a material with equivalent information, and submit the official syllabus at a later date. Based on the submitted application and syllabus, the committee will review the application in January and inform you of the result by the end of January via e-mail.
- Deadline: No later than 12:00 on Thursday, December 16, 2021
* Please consult us in advance in case if you cannot submit the application documents by the deadline.
|Data File||File Size|
|Application Form of Supercomputer Educational Use Project [PDF] *Japanese Version Only||271 KB|
|Application Form of Supercomputer Educational Use Project [Word] *Japanese Version Only||41 KB|
8. Procedures after adoption
8.1. Applying for Entry Course
(1) Submitting the application documents
After your application for the project has been approved by the committee, please submit an "Application Form for Large Scale Computer Systems" (*Japanese version only) for all students enrolled in the class and a list of students enrolled in the class well in advance of the class schedule. If you are unable to submit the list of the students enrolled in time, please submit only the application form ahead of time and submit the list at a later date. If the instructor wishes to use this system for someone who is not listed in the list of the students enrolled, (such as faculty, teaching assistant, student), please submit a document (electronic file is acceptable) describing the need for the use and the name and the organization of the person.
- Please fill in "教育利用 (Educational use): [name of the class]" in the "主たる研究課題 (main research project)" field.
- Please fill in the instructor name and put his/her seal in the "指導教員 (Instructor)" field.
(2) Download of the Approval Notice
An email regarding how to download an Approval Notice for use of the supercomputer system will be sent to each student in approximately one week from the submitted date of the application form, so please download the Approval Notice by students themselves. Please handle the Approval Notice carefully because it contains important information such as user IDs and passwords. It may take time until they receive them depending on the number of applications, so please submit the application documents ahead of time.
8.2. Ensuring Computing Resources
- We call for application for each service course including the Group Course during specific periods of time. The application period is normally between January and February of the year for use in the following fiscal year. Please refer to Service Application Timeline.
- In order to use the resources in the Group Course which is dedicated to a class, the instructor must submit "Service Course Application Form" by the end of February. Please write "教育利用制度(Educational Use Project): [name of the class]" in the upper margins of the Form.
8.3. List of Application Forms
Please download the application forms and instruction for filling in forms:
|Service Course Application Form (Word) (*Japanese Version Only)|
|Service Course Application Form (PDF) (*Japanese Version Only)|
|Instruction for Filling In Service Course Application Form (PDF) (*Japanese Version Only)|
|Application Form for Large-Scale Computer Systems (Word) (*Japanese Version Only)|
|Application Form for Large-Scale Computer Systems (PDF) (*Japanese Version Only)|
9. Where to Apply and Inquire
Research Information Section, IT Promotion Division, Information Management Department, Kyoto University
E-mail: comp-info * kudpc.kyoto-u.ac.jp (Please replace * with @.)