- Information about the whole service
- Regulations for Use of ACCMS
- Service Application Timeline
- Service Selection Guide
- Trial Account
- HPCI Face to Face Identity Vetting & HPCI User's Guide
- E-mail Newsletter
- Publishing Research Achievements
- Submitting of the User Report
- Other Application Procedures
- Call for Supercomputer Collaborative Research Project
- Supercomputer Educational Use Project
- Programming Seminars (FY2022)
- Supercomputer System
- Use of Large-Format Printer
- Virtual Server Hosting Service
- Computing Services
- Seminars & Call for Projects
- Supercomputer Educational Use Program
- Application Guideline of the Supercomputer Educational Use Project for FY 2014
Application Guideline of the Supercomputer Educational Use Project for FY 2014
Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies (hereinafter referred to as "ACCMS") will accept applications for the FY2014 Supercomputer Educational Use Program. Successful applicants will be determined based on our review of the submitted applications. ACCMS bears a part of the usage fees. Note that ACCMS will adopt about five applications throughout the fiscal year.
1. Application Eligibility Requirements
- This program is targeted at the classes that need to use a supercomputer at graduate, undergraduate or technical college conducted by instructors of university, junior college or technical college.
- The students of the targeted classes shall be qualified in accordance with the Use Conditions of ACCMS. Note that undergraduate students are permitted to use the supercomputer system only in the class.
- The number of students per class shall be 50 or less as a guide indicating the system load and ACCMS will review the submitted applications.
- With regard to Exceed onDemand, which is required when using a certain ISV application or GUI, the number of licenses capable of using simultaneously is limited. When using Exceed onDemand during the class, please be sure to let us know.
- ACCMS will publish the information about users of this program including the instructor name and organization, the class name and the number of the students as the supercomputer activity report.
2. Use Conditions
A user ID is required to log in to the supercomputer system and please apply for Entry course for all of the students taking the class. Note that a Group or Private Cluster Course is required to ensure the computing resources while the class is held. Accordingly, the instructor needs to own an account of Group Course or the equivalent separately, or apply for a Group Course dedicated to the class. For details of the application procedure, please see "8. Procedure After Application Was Adopted". When the Group course is shared with multiple users, please ensure the computing resources available while the class is held.
3. Usage Fees
A usage fee is required to use the supercomputer system. Under this program, a part of the usage fees is subsidized by ACCMS as below:
|Entry Course||1,000 yen per person|
|Group Course:type B1(6 months),4 nodes||50,000 yen|
4. Instructor Duties and Responsibilities
All of the instructors applying for this program must observe the following guidelines:
- To have the students observe Use Conditions of ACCMS
- To NOT to utilize the computing resources (of Entry and Group Course), which are solely allocated by this program, for any other purpose than the permitted class
- To prevent any unauthorized use of the log-in information such as user IDs and passwords and to have the responsibility in instructing the students lie with the instructor. Note that all of the necessary log-in information issued for this program will be delivered to the instructor.
- To make contact with ACCMS on behalf of the class, if necessary. ACCMS does not normally accept inquiries from individual students under this program
- To check and observe any applicable laws and regulations regarding export control, if necessary. There are cases that non-Japanese citizens such as international students (who live in Japan for less than six months) may need permission from the Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry to use the supercomputer system. Please consult with us in advance if such a case can be expected. (Reference: Regulations for Non-Japanese Citizens and for Japanese Citizens Residing in Foreign Countries)
Supplement to the Use of Supercomputer by International Students
- The classes using a commercially-available textbook correspond to the provision of a known technology, thus such a class is NOT subject to the regulation.
- Under the exemption described above, an additional document normally needs to be submitted to allow international students living in Japan for less than six months to use the supercomputer.
- Note carefully that if an unpublished material is used in the class, approval may be required depending on its contents.
- The international students living in Japan for less than six months, who are permitted to use the supercomputer system under the exemption described above, are NOT allowed to access to the materials such as manuals that are only available for the supercomputer users.
- Considering perspectives of Catch-All Control, check if in the class there is any international student who does not have the nationality of "White Countries (27 countries having solid export control)".
Reference: 研究を兵器等に転用させないために～安全保障貿易管理の基本～(第2版) *Japanese Version Only
5. Limitation of Use
- The supercomputer system may become temporarily unavailable without notice due to system trouble or maintenance.
- During out-of-service hours ACCMS may not be able to provide complete services.
- Licensing services and use of the large-format printer are NOT available.
ACCMS assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any disadvantages resulting from this program.
7. Application Procedure
Please submit your completed application form and a copy of a syllabus of the class to the Inter-University Services Section via email. If a syllabus is not ready to be submitted, you may submit the previous year's syllabus or a material describing the equivalent information instead and then send us the completed syllabus later. The submitted application and syllabus will be reviewed by committee in January 2014 and the result will be sent via email by the end of January.
- Deadline for submissions: No later than 12:00 on Friday, December 27, 2013.
* Please consult with us in advance if, for some reasons, the application is not able to be submitted by the deadline.
|Data File||File Size|
|スーパーコンピュータ教育利用制度申請書(Application Form of Supercomputer Educational Use Program)[PDF] *Japanese Version Only||254 KB|
|スーパーコンピュータ教育利用制度申請書(Application Form of Supercomputer Educational Use Program)[Word] *Japanese Version Only||47 KB|
8. Procedure After Application Was Adopted
8.1. Applying for Entry Course
(1) Submitting the necessary application documents
After your application was adopted by the committee, please submit "大型計算機システム利用申請書(Application Form of Large Scale Computer Systems)" and a list of all of the students taking the class as far in advance as possible prior to the class starting date. If the list is not able to be submitted before the deadline, submit the application form first and then submit the list later. To allow those who are not included in the list (e.g., teaching assistants, other students) for use of the supercomputer system by this program, the instructor needs to submit a document (or an electronic file) describing the necessity of their use, names and organizations.
- Please enter "教育利用(Educational use): [name of the class]" in the "主たる研究課題(main research project)" field.
- Please enter the name of the instructor conducting the class and put his/her seal in the "指導教員(advising teacher) field.
(2) Receiving approval letters
All of the approval letters for use of the supercomputer system will be sent by mail to the instructor in approximately one week from the submitted date of the application form. Please handle the letters carefully because they contain important information such as user IDs and passwords. It may take time until you receive them depending on the number of applications, so please submit your application ahead of time.
8.2. Ensuring Computing Resources
- Application for each service course including Group Course will be available during a specific period of time. ACCMS normally accept applications annually for the following fiscal year between January and February of the year. For more details such as the application period, see this page.
- When applying for a Group Course dedicated to the class, please submit a completed Application Form of Service Course by the end of February. Please write "教育利用制度(Educational Use Program): [name of the class]" in the margin at the top of the Form.
8.3. List of Application Forms
You can download the following application forms and guidelines for filling out:
|Data File||File Size|
|サービス申請書(Application Form of Service Course) *Japanese Version Only||87 KB|
|サービス申請書(Application Form of Service Course) *Japanese Version Only||95 KB|
|サービス申請書 記入要領(Guidelines for Filling In Application Form of Service Course) *Japanese Version Only||554 KB|
|大型計算機システム利用申請書(Application Form for Large Scale Computer Systems) *Japanese Version Only||120 KB|
|大型計算機システム利用申請書(Application Form for Large Scale Computer Systems) *Japanese Version Only||68 KB|
|大型計算機システム利用申請書 記入要領(Guidelines for Filling In Application Form) *Japanese Version Only||89 KB|