Websites, Web Hosting, Housing
- Information about the whole service
- VM Hosting
- Object Storage
- Websites, Web Hosting, Housing
- WEB Hosting
Provides an environment for publishing websites under your own domain name on a shared web server.
By using this service, you can publish your website without preparing a dedicated server.
This service offers Type S, which uses an off-campus rental server provided by a private operator, and Type B, which is built on an on-premise environment within the university.
- No need to purchase and build a server to publish a website
- Need to maintain website, security measures for website management, and other costs
- Websites can be published under each department's own domain, such as a domain under a sub-domain of the department.
- Multiple login IDs can be issued for the control panel
(Type S Business/Managed, Type B)
- Web applications and CMS using PHP, CGI, etc. are available
- Vulnerability Assessment Services on Behalf by IIMC
1. Before using this service
- Please refer to ホスティングサービス利用規則(PDF)for eligibility requirements.
Please note that you will be deemed to have agreed to the Rules of Use upon submitting a new application.
- When using a domain under the subdomain of each department, please use a domain that has been approved by the department.
- Please obtain approval from your department's accounting department before use.
- Web Hosting Service offers a Vulnerability Assessment Service on Behalf.
Obtain authorization from the Security Technical Officer to perform vulnerability assessments on your behalf.
2. Application for use
Please submit a new application for service through the ARCS Hosting Portal.
※Please log in to the ARCS Hosting Portal with your SPS-ID and its password.
3. Usage Rules
1. User Fees and Services
This service requires a user fee according to the classification.
|Type S, Standard||9,000 yen/year||Public space capacity 300 GB
Number of multi-domains 200
Number of DBs: 50, Capacity: 3GB
|Type S, Business||36,000 yen/year||Public space capacity 600 GB
Number of multi-domains 400
Number of DBs: 200, Capacity: 8GB
Multiple administrator creation
|Type S, Managed||180,000 yen/year||Public space capacity 700 GB (HDD)
Unlimited number of multi-domains
Number of DBs Unlimited
Multiple administrator creation
||42,000 yen/year||shibboleth certification
Access Restrictions in KUINS-III
Public space capacity 100 GB
Multiple domains available
Number of DBs: 10, Capacity: 5GB
Control Panel (Plesk)
※Transfer limits will be removed on March 2, 2022.
※Public space capacity for Standard and Business has been increased starting July 5, 2022.
(Standard: 100GB⇒300GB Business: 300GB⇒600GB)
- For details, please refer to the 京都大学情報環境機構データセンター情報サービス利用及び利用負担金規程(PDF).
2. Payable expenses
The expenses that can be paid as user fees are as follows
|subsidy for operating expenses||budgetary transfer|
|Contracted research expenses||reimbursement|
|Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research||Billed according to the usage fee notice|
- Payment cannot be made with personal funds.
- The purpose of use of some expenses is restricted. Please consult with your department's accounting department in advance.
3. Change of application details
If there are any changes in the items approved for use, such as budget items, person responsible for use, person responsible for payment, etc., please submit a change request through the ARCS Hosting Portal.
4. Confirmation of continued use for the next year
The use of this service is on an annual basis, so an application must be submitted each fiscal year.
In February or March, we will send you an invitation to confirm whether or not you wish to continue using the service for the next fiscal year.
Please refer to the following URL for manuals on using the service.
- WEBホスティングサービス タイプS利用マニュアル(PDF 学内限定)
- WEBホスティングサービス タイプB利用マニュアル(Googleサイト)
※Please refer to this page while logged in to your Google account with your Kyoto University university-wide email address.
1. WEB Hosting Service Type S
2. WEB Hosting Service Type B
Other frequently asked questions can be found below.
- See all FAQs about Web Hosting Service (Common)
- See all FAQs about Web Hosting Service Type S
- See all FAQs about Web Hosting Service Type B
5. Termination of Use
If you wish to terminate use of the service due to resignation, transfer, or project termination, please submit a suspension request through the ARCS Hosting Portal.
6. Vulnerability Assessment Services on Behalf
Vulnerability Assessment Services on Behalf is a free service that performs vulnerability assessments on websites that use our web hosting service and notifies the results of the assessments.
Please refer to the Limited on-Campus】About Vulnerability Assessment Services on Behalf.
※Please select "Hosting Services" for the Type of Inquiry.