- Information about the whole service
- Regulations for Use of ACCMS
- Service Application Timeline
- Service Selection Guide
- Trial Account
- HPCI Face to Face Identity Vetting & HPCI User's Guide
- E-mail Newsletter
- Publishing Research Achievements
- Submitting of the User Report
- Other Application Procedures
- Call for Supercomputer Collaborative Research Project
- Supercomputer Educational Use Project
- Programming Seminars (FY2022)
- Supercomputer System
- Use of Large-Format Printer
- Virtual Server Hosting Service
- Computing Services
- Seminars & Call for Projects
- Supercomputer Collaborative Research Project
- Application Guideline of Collaborative Research Project for Enhancing Performance of Programming for FY 2021 (1st Period)
Application Guideline of Collaborative Research Project for Enhancing Performance of Programming for FY 2021 (1st Period)
Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies, Kyoto University (ACCMS) calls for proposals of the Collaborative Research Project for Enhancing Performance of Programming for the fiscal year 2021. This call is designed for users of the Group Course or Private Cluster Course (including those who are in application process), as well as the Personal Course users who are planning to switch to the Group Course at the next additional calls for the application of the Service Course. Submitted proposals are reviewed by Supercomputer System Collaborative Research Planning Committee. The proposal adopted by the Committee are carried out to enhance the program performance in collaboration with ACCMS. ACCMS bears the cost of program development.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Applicants must be the fiscal year 2021 users of the Group Course (including the groups in use of Organization Fixed Rate,Joint Usage/Research Center for Interdisciplinary Large-scale Information Infrastructures(JHPCN) or High Performance Computing Infrastructure(HPCI)) or Private Cluster Course (including those who are in application process), as well as the Personal Course users who are planning to switch to the Group Course at the next additional calls for the application of the Service Course.
- The proposals to be submitted must be a (potentially) large-scale parallel computation program subject to the following performance enhancement. The program copyright must be owned by the project representative, or it must be modifiable without restriction.
- Performance tuning by improving program control structures and data structures (including optimization for cache)
- Performance enhancement by improving parallelization methods (including distributed-memory parallelization of shared-memory programs, and hierarchical parallelization of distributed memory or shared memory)
- Performance enhancement by improving methods of problem reduction or load distribution
- Academic and technical achievements must be expected by enhancing the performance using the target program.
- Non-Japanese citizens such as international students who live in Japan less than six months and Japanese citizens residing in foreign countries may need to obtain an approval. Please see the following URL for details. If applicable, please consult Research Information Section.
- In March 2021, ACCMS holds a hearing on the target program subject to our screening process. The hearing may be taken place more than once.
- Adoption of the projects does not ensure the feasibility of improving the program performance.
- Research and development for improving the program performance should be conducted based on collaboration between ACCMS and the project representative (and the persons concerned).
- When performance evaluation by executing large-scale parallel program is required on the enhanced program, the project representative may be requested for use of the Large-Scale Job Course on their own expenses.
- In principle, the copyright of the program, adopted by the Committee and achieved the program enhancement under this project, is jointly owned by the original copyright holder and ACCMS.
- Project representatives are required to make following submissions and presentations.
- Submission of a User Report of the Collaborative Research Project by the end of April, 2022.
- Presentation at the debriefing session (scheduled in April, 2022) opened to Kyoto University faculty, staff, and students and supercomputer users.
- Contribution of an article on the project achievements to the Inter-University Services Bulletin (about four pages A4 size) by the end of August 2022 .
- You are required to mention that you used our systems when you publish your research results in academic journals or other publications. In addition, you are required to inform the Research Information Section of the relevant literature information after publication.
* Please refer to the examples at Acknowledgement for the use of Collaborative Research Project.
Submission of Application Form is required by email to the Section below.
Deadline: Fri. February 19, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Note that the personal information provided in the Form will be used for the application purpose only. After receiving the form, we notify applicants of the program submission method.
「プログラム高度化共同研究申請書(第1期)」(Application Form for Collaborative Research Project for Enhancing Performance of Programming : 1st period ) | Word *Japanese Version Only
Research Information Section, Information Promotion Division, Information Management and Communication Department, Kyoto University
comp-info*kudpc.kyoto-u.ac.jp(Please replace * with @.)