- Information about the whole service
- Regulations for Use of ACCMS
- Service Application Timeline
- Service Selection Guide
- Trial Account
- HPCI Face to Face Identity Vetting & HPCI User's Guide
- E-mail Newsletter
- Publishing Research Achievements
- Submitting of the User Report
- Other Application Procedures
- Call for Supercomputer Collaborative Research Project
- Supercomputer Educational Use Project
- Programming Seminars (FY2022)
- Supercomputer System
- Use of Large-Format Printer
- Virtual Server Hosting Service
- Computing Services
- Seminars & Call for Projects
- Supercomputer Collaborative Research Project
- Application Guideline of Collaborative Research Project for Enhancing Performance of Programming for FY 2016(Simplified version)
Application Guideline of Collaborative Research Project for Enhancing Performance of Programming for FY 2016(Simplified version)
Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies, Kyoto University (ACCMS) calls for proposals of the Collaborative Research Project for Enhancing Performance of Programming for the fiscal year 2016. This project is designed for users of the system A (Camphor 2) in the group course (including those who are in application process) aiming at benchmark of large-scale computing programs and tuning of parallel processing parameters. Submitted proposals are reviewed by "Supercomputer System Collaborative Research Planning Committee" of the ACCMS. The programs adopted by the committee are carried out the benchmark and the tuning of the parameters in collaboration with ACCMS. ACCMS bears the cost of the program development.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Applicants must be the users of the system A (Camphor 2) in the group course in the fiscal year 2016 (including the groups in use of Organization Fixed Rate or Joint Usage/Research Center for Interdisciplinary Large-scale Information Infrastructures) .
- The target program to be submitted must be (potentially) large-scale parallel computing program subject to the following benchmark and tuning.
- Investigation of the performance depending on the parallel processing parameters (number of computation nodes, number of processes per node, and number of threads per process etc) and tuning of the parameters based on them.
- Measurement of computing performance, memory access performance, communication performance, etc. which are the main parts of the program execution and analysis of the characteristics of the program execution based on it.
- Academic and technical achievements must be expected by the benchmark and tuning using the target program.
- Non-Japanese citizens such as international students who live in Japan less than six months and Japanese citizens residing in foreign countries may need to obtain an approval. Please see the following URL for details. If applicable, please consult Research Information Section.
- When the project is adopted, you are required to submit necessary files and information for the benchmark and tuning such as a set of files necessary to create executable format i.e. source codes and Makefile of the program, a set of input files necessary for the benchmark, and methods of creating an executable format and execution of a program.
- Adoption of the projects does not ensure the feasibility of improving the program performance.
- Benchmark and tuning are carried out by the cooperation with the project representative (and the person concerned).
- If the completed program requires benchmarks using large-scale parallel programming, we might ask the project representative to use the Large-Scale Job Course.
- The results of the benchmark and tuning of the adopted program are announced by ACCMS.
- When publishing or announcing the research results achieved through the adopted project in an academic journal or other publication, acknowledge the use of this program in writing in the report. The project representative must also send information and relevant documents on the report to Research Information Section.
Submission of Application Form (Word file) is required by email to the Section below.
Deadline: Fri. December 16, 2016 at 5:00 p.m..
Note that the personal information provided in the Form will be used for the application purpose only. After receiving the form, we will inform applicants how to submit the program. Please submit the program according to the instruction.
Application Form for Collaborative Research Project for Enhancing Performance of Programming(Simplified version) PDF | Word (*Japanese version only) | Word
Research Information Section, Information Promotion Division, Information Management and Communication Department, Kyoto University
comp-info*kudpc.kyoto-u.ac.jp(Please replace * with @)