- Information about the whole service
- Regulations for Use of ACCMS
- Service Application Timeline
- Service Selection Guide
- Trial Account
- HPCI Face to Face Identity Vetting & HPCI User's Guide
- E-mail Newsletter
- Publishing Research Achievements
- Submitting of the User Report
- Other Application Procedures
- Call for Supercomputer Collaborative Research Project
- Supercomputer Educational Use Project
- Programming Seminars (FY2022)
- Supercomputer System
- Use of Large-Format Printer
- Virtual Server Hosting Service
- Computing Services
- Seminars & Call for Projects
- Supercomputer Collaborative Research Project
- Application Guideline of Collaborative Research Project for Large-Scale Computation for FY 2021 (1st Period)
Application Guideline of Collaborative Research Project for Large-Scale Computation for FY 2021 (1st Period)
We will accept applications for research projects for large-scale computation. Eligible applicants are limited to research groups that use the supercomputer system in fiscal year 2021. Submitted candidate projects are reviewed by "Supercomputer System Collaborative Research Planning Committee" of the ACCMS. As for the adopted projects, the ACCMS bears the usage fee of the large-scale job course within a certain amount.
This project period is from April 2021 to June 2021.
- Any research group that uses the supercomputer system either through the personal course, the group course (including "Organization Fixed Rate"), or the private cluster course (including in pending application) in fiscal year 2021.
- The target program must be expected to demonstrate achievements in academic and technical areas by large-scale computation on Large-scale job course.
- For adopted research projects, the ACCMS bears a certain amount of usage fee of the large-scale job course within resources and period specified by the ACCMS. The amount of resources and period will be determined when reviewing applications, based on the contents of applications. Maximum value is 128 nodes, two weeks in Type A and 64 nodes, two weeks in Type B.
In case that there is a small amount of resources, the period can be extended such as 64 nodes, one week, four times in Type A. The use period shall be on a weekly basis. The term of series usage and the use period shall be provided by the ACCMS.
Non-Japanese citizens such as international students who live in Japan less than six months and Japanese citizens residing in foreign countries may need to obtain an approval. Please see the following URL for details. If applicable, please consult Research Information Section.
- Project representatives are required to make following submissions and presentations.
- Submission of a User Report of the Collaborative Research Project by the end of April, 2022.
- Presentation at the debriefing session (scheduled in April, 2022) opened to Kyoto University faculty, staff, and students and supercomputer users.
- Contribution of an article on the project achievements to the Inter-University Services Bulletin (about four pages A4 size) by the end of August 2022 .
- You are required to mention that you used our systems when you publish your research results in academic journals or other publications. In addition, you are required to inform the Research Information Section of the relevant literature information after publication.
* Please refer to the examples at Acknowledgement for the use of Collaborative Research Project
- In March 2021, we hold a public meeting on research projects considered for adoption.
- In reviewing, The ACCMS regards researches that may develop into super-large-scale computation in the future, and that may be collaborated with the ACCMS, as important.
- Actual results of executing large-scale job, and of publishing, and research results of the projects may be referred for the next reviews and later.
Please fill out the Word file application form and email it to the Inter/Intra University Services Section.
Deadline: Fri. February 19, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Personal information provided in the application will be used for application purposes only.
Research Information Section, Information Promotion Division, Information Management and Communication Department, Kyoto University
comp-info * kudpc.kyoto-u.ac.jp (Please replace * with @)