Integrated Cloud Services
As part of the faculty and staff groupware service, you can use Google apps provided by Google's service for educational institutions, Google Workspace for Education.
- A total of 50 GB of storage per user can be used for Google Drive and Gmail (email for faculty and staff).
- Google Calendar and scheduler of faculty and staff groupware (Garoon) are synchronized
Please check the Google Workspace Status Dashboard for information on service availability and current outages.
1. Requirements & Rules
To use it, you need to log in to faculty and staff groupware or faculty and staff email (KUMail). Please see below for how to log in.
2. List of Services
As of December 2022, the following services (apps) are available for your campus account.
|Email system for faculty and staff
|Google Groups (secondary groups)
|Mailing lists for the groupware
|Scheduler in sync with Garoon
|Storage to save, share, and edit your files
|Google Docs, Sheets, Slides
|Productivity apps compatible with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
|Easy-to-use web form builder
|Task management app
|Video conferencing app
|Instant messaging app
|Digital whiteboard app
|Google Groups (for consumers)
|Mailing lists with Google domain (@googlegroups.com)
|Web analytics service
|Google Search Console
|Tools for Webmaster
|Google Programmable Search Engine
|Add a customisable search box to your web pages
|Google Data Portal
|Data Analysis app
|Chrome Web Store
|Google Chrome Extensions
|You can check the news coverage, aggregated from sources all over the world.
|You can translate words, phrases, and web pages between English and over 100 other languages.
|You can write and execute Python, right in your browser.
※"Additional services (other Google services)" are treated the same as personal use and are not supported. Please see below for details.
Google Workspace for Education core and additional services
See user manuals for more information:
Manual・FAQ > 教職員グループウェアマニュアル > User Manuals (English) > Manual_22_List of available G Suite services
- How can I transfer ownership of my files in Google Drive?
- What is the difference between Google Calendar and Garoon Scheduler?
- What is Google Groups? What does a group owner do?
4. At the Time of Retirement
For information on transfers, resignations, leaves of absence, etc., please see below.
- 【Limited on-Campus】What happens to my KUMail or Google Drive when I move to another department, leave the university temporarily, or retire from the university? Is there anything I should do beforehand?
5. Google Meet
For more information about Google Meet, please refer to the page below.
If the FAQs do not solve your problem, please contact us using the Inquiries
※Please select Faculty And Staff Groupware as the inquiry type.