- Information about the whole service
- Email Service for Student (KUMOI)
- Email Service for Faculty and Staff (KUMail)
- 【Limited on-Campus】The current condition of KUMail
- 【Limited on-Campus】The change of environment surrounding mail(1)
- 【Limited on-Campus】The change of environment surrounding mail(2)
- 【Limited on-Campus】Cautions in sending mails(1)
- 【Limited on-Campus】Cautions in sending mails(2)
- 【Limited on-Campus】Cautions in receiving mails
- 【Limited on-Campus】Others
- File Transfer (KUMail Storage)
- Inbound Email Gateway
Inbound Email Gateway
This service checks for virus spam on incoming mail for servers that operate mail services on KUINS-II, except for those using our email hosting service.
- Virus spam checking can be performed even on email servers that do not use our mail hosting service
This service is applicable to mail servers that operate on KUINS-II and are registered as hosts on KUINSDB. We do not accept domains that are not currently using mail.
2. Get StartedSubmit a host application on KUINSDB with the following three items in the remarks column:
- Request for Inbound Email Gateway
- The recipient domain name(s)
- Destination IP address (Only one address is accepted. Please contact us if you want to distribute or redundancy to multiple addresses.)
3. How to Use
Set the MX record for the recipient domain(s) to:
Also, please allow connection to 25/tcp from 18.104.22.168/29.
This network address is subject to change and the applicant will be notified of the change.
Alternatively, please allow 25/tcp without limiting the IP address, being careful not to create an open relay.
If the source and destination servers support TLS, the data will be sent and received using an encrypted route (TLS).
4. How is a suspicious message handled?
- If it is determined to be spam, the header "X-Kuins-Spam: SPAM" is added and relayed as usual.
- If it is determined to be a virus, it is rejected without relaying.
- Non-existent sender domains are rejected.
- The maximum size of incoming email is 20 MB. If it is larger than that, it is rejected.
- Emails from a sender IP address that corresponds to S25R are temporarily rejected and relayed after being received again.
See also: http://www.gabacho-net.jp/anti-spam/anti-spam-system.html.
- SPF, DKIM, and DMARC are verified and an "Authentication-Results" header is added before relaying. No refusals will be made based on DMARC.
Please select "Other" for the Type of Inquiry.