Networks and Connectivity
- Information about the whole service
- Wi-Fi (KUINS-Air, etc.)
- Connection from Off-campus (VPN)
- Administration of On-campus Network
- Connection to Off-campus Network Services
It's the Wireless LAN service to connect to the network with the authentication using university account(ECS-ID, SPS-ID) or KUINS device account or a client certificate. By switching to client certificate authentication, you can use the service more securely.
In using KUINS-Air, it will be connected to on-campus network(KUINS) and users can browse the contents limited on-campus.
We would like to ask you to use referring to the rules and guidelines in Kyoto University.
Please refer to the following manuals for each devices.
* Please refer to the FAQ.
- If you lose your device, please change ECS-ID/SPS-ID password, or revoke the client certificate, or delete the KUINS device account as soon as possible.
Connection to Labo(VLAN fixed connection)
KUINS-Air will be connected to the shared KUINS-III,and the Labo resource will be available in connecting to KUINS-III of Labo VLAN. KUINS device account automatically connect to Labo VLAN.
- Available only Yoshida,Uji,Katsura. Inside the university hospital ward : The only VLANs inside the hospital campus are available.
- For printers or file servers, please assign static IP address and connect via LAN cable. Such devices might not be found while connecting to KUINS-Air with VLAN fixed connection. In that case, please specify the IP address of the devices in order to setup.