- Kyoto University Integrated Network System (KUINS)
- Connection to Off-campus Network Services
Connection to Off-campus Network Services FAQ
Keyword SearchKeyword search is available among FAQ
Ex.) How to use Wi-Fi
As mentioned in Connection to off-campus network services (Staff only) , the port number connectable to off-campus is limited.
You can't connect to the port number excluding No.22 with this situation.
In that case, please connect relaying SSH portforward mentioned below.
(0) Preparation for OpenSSH(ver. after7.3)
- Windows Click "Settings" "Apps" "Manage optional features" to install "OpenSSH Client".
- macOS It's available from "Terminal".
- Then it's available with "Terminal" or "Command Prompt".
If you want to use SSH connection to
- Host: server.example.net
- Port : No.8022
- User: username
Please enter your own ID to [ECS-ID/SPS-ID] and enter
ssh -J [ECS-ID/SPS-ID]@forward.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp -p 8022 email@example.com.
Also, if you want to use SFT, display your option name "
sftp -oProxyJump=[ECS-ID/SPS-ID]@forward.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp -oPort=8022 firstname.lastname@example.org".
- First of all, your password of ECS-ID/SPS-ID, then you can use off-campus SSH server authentication.
- With this connection, it will be connected from SSH portforward. Please delete the restriction in off-campus SSH server.
IP address of SSH portforward will be succeeded to the new one in renewal of the system.If we have to change the IP address, we will announce in this website.
In browsing E-journals, Proxy settings will be required.
The proxy settings are no longer required.
but plug-in installation is required for your browser.Please check this infomation from Kyoto University Library.
Inquiry: Kyoto University Library