Kyoto University Integrated Network System (KUINS)
- Information about the whole service
- Application for using KUINS network
- Information socket with Web authentication
- The application for server certificate
- Application of the Subdomain
- Application for Wireless LAN access point
- The application of KUINS-II subnet
- Application for the connection to the remote place
- The use of P2P type file exchange software
- Application for the connection to SINET
- Application for using KUINS device account
- On-campus Network(KUINS)
- Connection to Off-campus Network Services
- Wireless LAN
It's the Wireless LAN service to connect to the network with the authentication using university account(ECS-ID, SPS-ID) or KUINS device account or a client certificate. By switching to client certificate authentication, you can use the service more securely.
In using KUINS-Air, it will be connected to on-campus network(KUINS) and users can browse the contents limited on-campus.
We would like to ask you to use referring to the rules and guidelines in Kyoto University.
Please refer to the following manuals for each devices.
* Please refer to the FAQ.
Connection to Labo(VLAN fixed connection)
KUINS-Air will be connected to the shared KUINS-III,and the Labo resource will be available in connecting to KUINS-III of Labo VLAN.
Application for use
VLAN manager of KUINS-III network should enter the ECS-ID or SPS-ID in "permitted ID for the connection of KUINS-Air or VPN" in KUINS-DB
Settings of the terminals are same however users are required to add Authentication ID,"@VLAN management number" after their ECS-ID or SPS-ID such as "ID@12345". When issuing a client certificate, please add a VLAN management number.
Please be noted that VLAN fixed connection won't be available at the following place.
- Inside the university hospital ward : The only VLANs inside the hospital campus are available.
- Remote sites : Inuyama, Ohtsu, Kumatori, other remote sites
For printers or file servers, please assign static IP address and connect via LAN cable. Such devices might not be found while connecting to KUINS-Air with VLAN fixed connection. In that case, please specify the IP address of the devices in order to setup.