【Supercomputer】Data loss in storage
publication date : Dec.16, 2021
Dear All Supercomputing Service Users
Today, due to a problem with the backup program of the storage system, an incident occurred in which some files in /LARGE0 were lost. The backup program has been stopped, and we are investigating the impact area as nearly 100TB of files may have been lost.
We will contact the affected users individually.
We sincerely apologize for causing so much trouble to you.
(Added: 2021/12/21 16:45)
We have contacted the users of the affected groups by e-mail between 17:50 p.m. and 19:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 16, 2021.
It was found that impact area of the incident is as follows.
- Affected file system: /LARGE0
- Period of the file deletion: 17:32 p.m. on December 14, 2021 - 12:43 p.m. on December 16, 2021
- Affected files: Files which have not been updated since 17:32 p.m on December 3, 2021.
- Capacity of the lost files : Approximately 77TB
- Number of the lost files: Approximately 34 million files
- Number of the affected groups: 14 groups (of which 4 groups cannot be restored by backup)
* (2021/12/28 10:34) Capacity of the lost files and Number of the affected groups fixed.
|Date of occurrence||2021/12/14 17:32 ～2021/12/16 12:45|
Supercomputing Section, IT Services Division, Information Management Department, Kyoto University