- Guide for Hosting Guests
Guide for Hosting Guests
An eduroam visitor account can be issued to use eduroam temporarily on campus for visitors to academic conferences. An eduroam visitor account is not required if the visitor has already had an eduroam account at their institution.
How to issue
Please issue "eduroam visitor account" from Acquire eduroam account.
- Please provide 1 account for each guest. We will contact to the issuer if fraudulent use is confirmed by any chance, so please keep the user information for 3 months from the account's expiration date.
- There are two types of eduroam visitor accounts:[Up to 1month] and [Up to 1 week], and
- Maximum 10 accounts for [Up to 1month]
- Maximum 100 accounts for [Up to 1week]
- If you need to issue a large amount of accounts for conference etc. please issue by deviding them by several faculty and staff who organized the conference. If that is not enough, please contact us.
Please refer to the eduroam manuals.
If you need a more stable wired LAN connection for conference, etc., information sockets with web authentication are available. If a faculty or staff is accompanying visitor on the event day, please use SPS-ID. Please do not save your ID and password in the browser. If only visitor will be attending on the event day, please use KUINS device account.
How to issue
Please follow the steps below to issue KUINS device account.
- Find out the ethernet MAC address of the computer the visitor brings in.
- Log in KUINSDB and select the KUINS-III VLAN that you manage(If you don't manage any VLAN, please ask VLAN manager or VLAN operator at the laboratory.)
- Refer to the manual, and apply for KUINS device account with VLAN change application.
- It can be used from the next weekday after notification of completion.
Please refer to information sockets with web authentication whether SPS-ID or KUINS device account.