Request to change your ECS-ID password
publication date : May.18, 2021
If you have not changed your ECS-ID's password yet after January 13, 2021, You are not able to login to information systems.
You will be able to login to it after you will change your password.
To those who enrolled before 2020 academic year,
This is an important message from IIMC (Institute of Information Management and Communication).
We are requesting to change ECS-ID's password for all faculty members who enrolled before the 2020 academic year, in order to ensure the security of the information system. However there are still people who have not done it.
Please change your password immediately, if you have not changed it after January 13, 2021 and also are a member enrolled in Kyoto University before the 2020 academic year.
If you do not change your password until the deadline, Tuesday, May 18, 2021, you will not be able to login to the information system, not to use KUINS-Air and also KUMOI mail after Wednesday, May 19, 2021. We will block your password in order to protect the information system.
Who needs to do this ?
The students who enrolled before the 2020 academic year and have not changed their password after January 13, 2021.
Except: who enrolled after April 2021.
who changed their password after January 13, 2021.
Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 5pm.
How to change the password (Select one among two ways)
1. Access to the Kyoto University Account Management:
2. Click "Login to Setting" button.
Attention!! not "Login to Activation"
3. On the password change site, enter your current and new password.
(1) ECS-ID is the ID that the IIMC provides to the students, researchers and part-time lectures in Kyoto University. Starting with "a0", it composes plus six numbers.
(2) Without password change, you will not be able to login to the information system that uses your account.
(3) However, you will be able to change your password on IIMC's above mentioned website until Tuesday, June 15, 2021. After changing it, you will be able to access our service again.
(4) After Wednesday, June 16, 2021 you will not be able to change your password even on IIMC's website. You will need to contact IIMC's office for a procedure.
(5) The students who advanced the graduate schools directly from the faculties of Kyoto University as exemples below can not change their password on IIMC's above mentioned website.
ex. Undergraduate students in 2020 became graduate students in 2021.
Graduate students of the master course in 2020 advanced to the doctor course in 2021.
Non-degree students in 2020 became graduate students in 2021.
(6) If you are a student who fits the case (5), you need to activate your account. About activation we explain by the letter "Overview" with a blue envelope which we gave you at admission procedure. The activation is also resetting the password, you need to do it until April 30, 2021.