- Guide for Starting-up Network Environment
Guide for Starting-up Network Environment
This is the manual and cautions for new users of Kyoto University's network (KUINS) in new rooms when launching labs or departments etc.
Some departments may have their own operation policies or rules in order to manage the network. Please consult the network administrator of your department.
- Accounts for Faculty and Staff(SPS-ID) are issued to the Faculty and Staff in Kyoto University. Please activate your account.
- Check the name of LAN outlet in each room then proceed "new network application" in KUINSDB.
- Once you receive the notice of setting completion, carry out the wiring work in taking care of the loop.
- DHCP and also static IP addresses are available. Please connect printers or file servers with LAN cable and assign static IP address for them.
- Please use KUINS-Air for campus Wi-Fi. VLAN fixed connection to each labs is also available. If you want to set up your own access point, please refer to "Guidelines for Establishment of Access Points of Wireless LAN Connected to KUINS" from the rules.