Kyoto University Integrated Network System (KUINS)
- Information about the whole service
- Application for using KUINS network
- Information socket with Web authentication
- The application for server certificate
- Application of the Subdomain
- Application for Wireless LAN access point
- The application of KUINS-II subnet
- Application for the connection to the remote place
- The use of P2P type file exchange software
- Application for the connection to SINET
- Application for using KUINS device account
- On-campus Network(KUINS)
- Connection to Off-campus Network Services
- Wireless LAN
- Kyoto University Integrated Network System (KUINS)
- Wireless LAN
- The usage
- Accounts for visitors
Accounts for visitors
This is a special type of account that is issued in order to allow people belonging to other institutions who are visiting Kyoto University temporarily to use KUINS. Only faculty and staff can issue the accounts for visitors. A visitor account is not required if the visitor has already issued an eduroam account at their institution.
How to issue
Please log into the eduroam authentication ID service (the link is given below) and issue the account from the [visitor account issue function].
Eduroam authentication ID service can be found here:
Please provide 1 account for each guest. We will contact you if fraudulent use is confirmed by any chance.
Please keep the record of the users' information for 3 months from the account's expiration date.
* There are two types of eduroam visitor accounts: [Up to 1month] and [Up to 1 week]. The number of accounts that can be issued by 1 person is as follows:
Maximum 10 items for [Up to 1month] & Maximum 100 items for [Up to 1week]
Please refer to the [4.3 Visitor ID issuance function] : https://meatwiki.nii.ac.jp/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=21452786
If you need to issue a large amount of IDs for conferences etc. please do so by asking several faculty members who have SPS-IDs and are taking part in the event. If that is not enough, please contact us from here .
Please refer to the manuals in eduroam page for the connection with each terminals.