Kyoto University Integrated Network System (KUINS)
- Information about the whole service
- The use of KUINS
- Registeration of KUINS connection device
- Information socket with Web authentication
- The application for server certificate
- Application of the Subdomain
- The application of KUINS-II subnet
- Application for the connection to the remote place
- The use of P2P type file exchange software
- Application for the connection to SINET
- On-campus Network(KUINS)
- Connection to Off-campus Network Services
- Wireless LAN
- Kyoto University Integrated Network System (KUINS)
- Connection from Off-campus
- The usage
- SSH portforward
"SSH(Secure Shell)" is the protocol to communicate with the remote host via network in encrypted route. "Port forward" is the function to forward the port of your PC to the port of the optional remote host via SSH server. You can use the port of the optional remote host as a port of PC.
SSH server is "forward.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp" and is connectable from off-camous as well. SPS-ID and ECS-ID will be required for use. Please prepare for them in advance.
For instance performing the transfer setting of your PC 8080 port to proxy.kuins.net 8080 port to make your proxy of your own browser to local host 8080 enables us to access to Web resource on-campus limited. For OpenSSH,it will be connectable with this setting:
% ssh -L 8080:proxy.kuins.net:8080 [ECS-ID or SPS-ID]@forward.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp
* The brackets in front of/behind ECS-ID/SPS-ID are not necessary to enter.