- To Students
IIMC, Institute for Information Management and Communication, provides its essential informational environment in supporting education and research activities in Kyoto University.
Kyoto University issue ECS-ID to the students, building up All-university Authentication system, to utilize these informational environment.
【Issuance of student account notice(ECS-ID)
・They will be issued by your department or faculty(including research section, affiliated laboratory, and centers)you belong for those who enrolled in April or in October.
・ Those who enrolled in other month(not in April nor in October) should come to the counter in the first floor of Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies(South building) with your Certificate of ID issued by your department or faculty you belong.
- To do immediately after your enrollment
- Introduction of the basic information system and service
- Other information system and service
- About the limitation of use for your account
1.To do immediately after your enrollment
- All members of Kyoto University are obliged to take Information security e-Learning. Please take two courses as soon as possible; "Information System Regulations and Security" and "Princess Rinrin"
2.Introduction of basic Information system and service
- The entrance to the various service for students
You can log in Academic affair information system(KULASIS),Online service of library(MyKULINE), Student Mail(KUMOI),Information security(e-learning), and Learning support system(PandA) etc. with Single sign-on.
To log in "Common portal for all students"
- Email address for students will be issued.「(Surname).(Given name).(3alphanumeric characters) @st.kyoto-u.ac.jp」
- Important emails are delivered to your student email address from the university. Please check your emails everyday by forwarding to your another email address for everyday use etc.
- KUINS is Network system of Kyoto University. You can use the Internet etc. by connecting to KUINS.
- Connection to the Internet using Wireless LAN, Connection to the campus LAN from off-campus, Connection to the service off-campus
- You can use PC terminals in OSL or Satellite seminar rooms in each department.
- Printing out the reports of tasks is available. (Printing service)
Academic affairs information service(KULASIS)
- Course registration, Checking the academic affairs information
(Cancellation and change of classes, Reports), Checking of the score
- Acquisition of handout, Submission of tasks, Taking mini test
※There are some functions which overlaps the one of KULASIS
3.Other Information system and service
- Using Super computer
- Using application software
- Using Large format printer
- Browsing electronic journals, Using library online service (MyKULINE)
- Acquisision of school certificate, certificate of record, certificate of student discount(Use with student ID number and password of ECS-ID)
※Green-framed service is NOT the service provided by IIMC
4.About the limitation of use for your account
Student account(ECS-ID) issued in your enrollment is valid until your graduation.
If you are enrolled continuously after your completion or graduation, SPS-ID or ECS-ID will be issued depending on your status.
(1)Those who will stay as Faculty and Staff
- Faculty members, staff, Faculty and Staff with specific employment, Limited term
Faculty and Staff, and Part time Faculty and Staff (excluding the part-time lecturers off- campus)etc.
- No procedure is required because they will be issued based on the application of issuance from the personnel section in the department. SPS-ID will be given from the personnel section in the department in hired.
(2)Those who will stay NOT as Faculty and Staff
- Academic promotion fellow, Researchers, Collaborative research members, Contract workers, Part-time Faculty and Staff off-campus, Others
- They will be issued based on the application from the person yourself.
Please refer to the page, Acquisition and Renewal of ECS-ID (Student Account) for your application.