Networks and Connectivity
- Information about the whole service
- KUINS Start Guide
- 【Limited on-Campus】The sub domain list in kyoto-u.ac.jp domain(Alphabetically)
- 【Limited on-Campus】The subnet address list in Kyoto University
- How to use KUINS-III static IP address
- Application for using KUINS network
- Information socket with Web authentication
- The application for server certificate
- Application of the Subdomain
- Application for Wireless LAN access point
- The application of KUINS-II subnet
- Application for the connection to the remote place
- The use of P2P type file exchange software
- Application for the connection to SINET
- Application for using KUINS device account
- Application for VLAN fixed connection account
- On-campus Network (KUINS)
- Connection to Off-campus Network Services
- Wireless LAN
- Connection from Off-campus
- Networks and Connectivity
- Wireless LAN
To arrange the educational environment and to enhance the function for research assistance, we offer and build up the network environment by wireless as an access network in common space.
The types of wireles LAN available in Kyoto University are "KUINS-Air","eduroam", and "Carrier Wi-Fi(Public Wireless LAN)".
"KUINS-Air" is the Wireless LAN service for student and faculty,staff of Kyoto University to connect to KUINS-III with the authentication with ECS-ID or SPS-ID, KUINS device account.
It's the Wireless LAN service for those from off-campus to connect to the network off-campus with their eduroam account or visitor's account. With the acquision of eduroam account, the WIreless LAN environment of educational institutes all over the world which belongs to eduroam will be available.
Carrier Wi-Fi(Public Wireless LAN)
Public Wireless LAN Service provided by 3 mobile phone carriers (NTT Docomo, KDDI(au), Softbank) can be used on campus.