- Information about the whole service
- Regulations for Use of ACCMS
- Service Application Timeline
- Service Selection Guide
- Trial Account
- HPCI Face to Face Identity Vetting & HPCI User's Guide
- E-mail Newsletter
- Publishing Research Achievements
- Submitting of the User Report
- Other Application Procedures
- Call for Supercomputer Collaborative Research Project
- Supercomputer Educational Use Project
- Programming Seminars (FY2022)
- Supercomputer System
- Use of Large-Format Printer
- Virtual Server Hosting Service
- Computing Services
- Use of Large-Format Printer
- Large-Format Printer User's Guide
- Do's and Don'ts for Use of the Large-Format Printer
Do's and Don'ts for Use of the Large-Format Printer
The Large-Format Printer is provided for multiple users on a shared use basis. Thus, read through the following so that no disturbance is caused to other users.
- Important Note on Scaling with the Large-Format Printer
- Important Note on PostScript Format Files Created on UNIX
- Open Hours
- Important Note on Preloaded Printer Supplies
- Handling of Your Valuables
Important Note on Scaling with the Large-Format Printer
The auto-scaling is available only for the printing data created using the PostScript Driver. The Printer fails to enlarge or reduce any graphical image created using the HP-GL/2 Driver. The scaling errors also may occur depending on the data.
Accordingly, scaling is no longer recommended with the Large-Format Printer. Please make sure to create the printing data corresponding to the poster paper size.
Important Note on PostScript Format Files Created on UNIX
The Large-Format Printer, the genuine PostScript printer manufactured by Adobe Systems Inc., enables to print out any PostScript formatted data.
However, some PostScript files created with a UNIX OS may not be printed out correctly.
Thus, we recommend printing data be created on Windows or Mac.
(Note: Even on Windows or Mac, printing errors may occur in the data created using printer drivers other than the ones provided by its manufacturer, or in the files created using the formats other than PPD format.)
The Large-Format Printer is available from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on weekdays from Monday. through Friday.
The hours may be subject to change during the equipment maintenance work.
Note the Printer is not available during the service suspension period of the Large Scale Computer Systems.
Important Note on Preloaded Printer Supplies
The printer supplies including roll papers, ink cartridges and print heads are preloaded and replaced by the staff as necessary. In case if any equipment problem occurs, call the extension number of the section in charge of the Printer using the telephone placed in the Large-Format Printer Output Room.
Handling of Your Valuables
The Large Format Printer Output Room is open for multiple users. Please be careful with your valuables when you leave the room even if it is a short period of time.