[Notice] Alternative Dates Set for Campus Network Replacement
publication date : Aug. 6, 2021
First publication date : Aug. 6, 2021
As we informed earlier, Institute for Information Management and Communication (IIMC) is going to replace backbone network devices for KUINS (our campus network) in August. Though we have already made an adequate preparation and included an extra time period in the announced timeline, it is still possible that we encounter a major problem during the work and need to complete that part of the replacement on another day in August, making the campus network temporarily unavailable again. To avoid confusion that kind of situation could cause, we have fixed backup dates for all the original ones as below and updated the timeline for the replacement.
- a) For the work affecting all campuses including remote facilities, Aug. 21 (Sat) can replace the original date, Aug. 16 (Mon).
- b) For the work in the Main Campus (North Area), Aug. 8 (Sun) can replace the original date, Aug. 7 (Sat).
- c) For the work in the North Campus and Katsura Campus, Aug. 22 (Sun) can replace the original dates, Aug. 10 (Sat) and 20 (Fri) respectively.
- d) For the work in the Main Campus (South Area), Yoshida South Campus, Faculty of Medicine (including iCeMS), University Hospital (East Area), and Uji Campus, Aug. 29 (Sun) can replace the original dates, Aug. 27 (Fri), 23 (Mon), 12 (Thu), 23 (Mon), and 25 (Wed) respectively.
- e) For the work in the Faculty of Pharmacy and the University Hospital (West Area), Aug. 31 (Tue) can replace the original date, Aug. 30 (Mon).
ICT Support Center, IIMC