All University Mail
- Information about the whole service
- Kyoto University Mail for Student (KUMOI)
- Kyoto University Mail for Faculty and Staff (KUMail)
- 【Limited on-Campus】The current condition of KUMail
- 【Limited on-Campus】The change of environment surrounding mail(1)
- 【Limited on-Campus】The change of environment surrounding mail(2)
- 【Limited on-Campus】Cautions in sending mails(1)
- 【Limited on-Campus】Cautions in sending mails(2)
- 【Limited on-Campus】Cautions in receiving mails
- 【Limited on-Campus】Others
- KUMail Storage Service
KUMail Storage Service
We started offering you the KUMail storage service, online service which enables delivering of files in April, 2014.
This service enables us to save files in the sharing server on-campus in the internet and take them out whenever we want to use. Wherever you have internet, you can save and take out the files you want with this service.
It has a system to notify the URL where the saved files are and to download files from the URL if needed instead of attaching the files in the e-mail. Then you can deliver of files with researchers off- campus by setting password or authenticating mail.
In sending e-mail with the attached files, there are cases that they weren't sent correctly because of the capacity limit of the recipients' and have influence on other's mail transceiving system because of the load to the server. Also, it takes long to image files for recipients. The problems above mentioned will be solved in using this service.
Therefore we strongly recommend you to use this service in reading manuals.
- Each users get users' folders(2GB).
- You can deliver of files in setting " Web publishing folder" or "Receiving folder" to each users' folder.
- You can upload files to server by drag-and-drop operation like marketed files.
- You can share several files safely with researchers by several security measures (authenticating mails and protecting password).
※There are available functions and unavailable functions by each OS or Browser of your PC even if the manual includes the mention.
Please refer to the following URL for details.
【Incoming folder function】
Incoming folder function is the function which enables users to use the folder as an incoming box by notifying the set URL to partners.
There are chances using the capacity of the incoming box to receive tons of mails with the attached files from adinistritive headoffice to department or from administratibe office to teaching staffs in inquiries. In using this function, users can get files without any oppression in incoming box.
【Shared folder function】
Shared folder function enables users to share the folder with Faculty and Staff with SPS-ID and exchange files freely uploading , downloading and deleting files. Therefore it's effective in exchanging files between departments and editting files in the committee.
Don't you hace any cases that attached files come and go for revision or amendment of application documents? There is an oppression of mail server capacity due to the attached files for transceiving in this case. If you use the shared folder function, the capacity of the server will be saved because all we should do is to contact that the files are updated.
Also, we can share the folder specifying users and we can receive and deliver the files secure by incoming folder function without setting password in folder.