Kyoto University Integrated Network System (KUINS)
- Information about the whole service
- Application for using KUINS network
- Information socket with Web authentication
- The application for server certificate
- Application of the Subdomain
- Application for Wireless LAN access point
- The application of KUINS-II subnet
- Application for the connection to the remote place
- The use of P2P type file exchange software
- Application for the connection to SINET
- On-campus Network(KUINS)
- Connection to Off-campus Network Services
- Wireless LAN
- Kyoto University Integrated Network System (KUINS)
- Connection from Off-campus
- The usage
In Windows, the VPN service such as IKEv2, SSTP, OpenVPN, PPTP are available.
If you don't have any troubles for the use, please make use of "IKEv2". VLAN fixed connection which is connectable to the lab network is also available.
However, there is a case that the connection port for "IKEv2" is restricted due to the managing policy and contracted provider. In that case, please try to use "SSTP" or "OpenVPN" if possible.
|Function and Feature||IKEv2||SSTP||OpenVPN||PPTP|
|Client Certificate||OK||OK||OK||Partially (*3)|
|Usage||Network environment dependence||in some cases||OK||OK||in some cases|
|OS standard fucntion||OK||OK||No (*1)||OK|
|VLAN fixed connection||OK||No||No||OK|
|Connection to off-campus||OK||Partially (*2)||OK||OK|
*1) Free application has to be installed.
*2) Only via Proxy NOT NAT
*3) Support only TLS1.0. It is unavailable on Windows10.
If you hace any troubles in connection, please refer to the FAQ here.