Kyoto University Integrated Network System (KUINS)
- Information about the whole service
- Application for using KUINS network
- Information socket with Web authentication
- The application for server certificate
- Application of the Subdomain
- Application for Wireless LAN access point
- The application of KUINS-II subnet
- Application for the connection to the remote place
- The use of P2P type file exchange software
- Application for the connection to SINET
- Application for using KUINS device account
- On-campus Network(KUINS)
- Connection to Off-campus Network Services
- Wireless LAN
- Kyoto University Integrated Network System (KUINS)
- Connection from Off-campus
- The usage
IKEv2 (Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2) is one of the VPN (Virtual Private Network) to realize the secure communication from off-campus network environment to on-campus network, KUINS-III.
It enable users to browse the contents limited on-campus and connect to server from outside the campus like your home etc.
IKEv2 server is "ikev2.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp".
For use, client certificate is required. and ECS-ID or SPS-ID is required for applying for client certificate. Please prepare for them.
As for user manual, please refer to the below links.
If you have any issues for connection, please refer to the FAQ here.
- The connection hours are 6 hours at most. Please reconnect it in using for long hours.
- One connection at the same time per one ID.
Connection to Lab(VLAN fixed connection)
Above will carry out the connection to the shared KUINS-III, but you can use the lab information resource in connecting to KUINS-III laboratory or office(lab) network.
Application for use
VLAN manager of KUINS-III network should submit the application from KUINS-DB entering ECS-ID or SPS-ID to "Permitted ID for the connection with KUINS-Air or VPN."
Setting for the teminals is the same, however, client certificate itself and IKEv2 server host name differs depending on the terminal.
When you apply for the client certificate issuance, VLAN manage number should be specified.
Please use the following for the IKEv2 server host name.
|Campus||IKEv2 server host name|
|Main North Campus*||ikev2-2.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp|
|Main South Campus*||ikev2-3.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp|
|Yoshida South campus||ikev2-4.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp|
|In Faculty of Medicine Campus||ikev2-5.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp|
|University Hospital East Campus||ikev2-6.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp|
|In Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences/University Hospital West Campus||ikev2-7.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp|
|Primate Research Institute (Inuyama)||ikev2-i.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp|
|Center for Ecological Research (Ohtsu)||ikev2-o.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp|
|Research Reactor Institute(Kumatori)||ikev2-k.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp|
* Regarding the segmentation of main campus, please refer to this link.Other remote campus is not available
- The IP address assigned to devices will convert it to the one of specific lab network by using NAT(Network Address Translation).
- Because of NAT, broadcasting or multicasting cannot be used. If you want to use printers or file servers, please specify the IP address of the devices in order to setup.
Use of information resource off-campus
After the VPN connection, it comes to have the network environment of KUINS-III on-campus. For the use of information resource off-campus, please refer to Connection to off-campus service.