Kyoto University Integrated Network System (KUINS)
- Information about the whole service
- The use of KUINS
- Registeration of KUINS connection device
- Information socket with Web authentication
- The application for server certificate
- Application of the Subdomain
- The application of KUINS-II subnet
- Application for the connection to the remote place
- The use of P2P type file exchange software
- Application for the connection to SINET
- 【Limited on-Campus】The sub domain list in kyoto-u.ac.jp domain(Alphabetically)
- 【Limited on-Campus】The subnet address list in Kyoto University
- On-campus Network(KUINS)
- Connection to Off-campus Network Services
- Wireless LAN
- Kyoto University Integrated Network System (KUINS)
- Connection from Off-campus
- The usage
IKEv2 (Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2) is one of the VPN (Virtual Private Network) to realize the secure communication from off-campus network environment to on-campus network, KUINS-III.
It enable users to browse the contents limited on-campus and connect to server from outside the campus like your home etc.
IKEv2 server is "ikev2.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp".
For use, ECS-ID or SPS-ID will be required. Please prepare for them.Also, the authentication with client certificate will be available.
Please refer to the following manuals for setting.
If you have any issues for connection, please refer to the FAQ here.
- The connection hours are 3 hours at most. Please reconnect it in using for long hours.
- One connection at the same time per one ID.
- Some of the Android terminal can work with "strongSwan" application however the client certificate authentication and VLAN fixed connection won't be available. OpenVPN and PPTP will be available in that case.
Connection to Labo(VLAN fixed connection)
Above will carry out the connection to the shared KUINS-III, but you can use the labo information resource in connecting to KUINS-III in labo VLAN.
Application for use
VLAN manager of KUINS-III network should submit the application from KUINS-DB entering ECS-ID or SPS-ID to "Permitted ID for the connection with KUINS-Air or VPN."
Setting for the teminals is the same, however, ID and IKEv2 server host name differs depending on the terminal.
For ID, "@VLAN manage number" will be added after ECS-ID or SPS-ID such as "ID@12345」".
Please use the following for the IKEv2 server host name.
|Campus||IKEv2 server host name|
|Main North Campus1||ikev2-2.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp|
|Main North Campus2||ikev2-22.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp|
|Main South Campus||ikev2-3.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp|
|Yoshida South campus||ikev2-4.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp|
|In Faculty of Medicine Campus||ikev2-5.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp|
|University Hospital East Campus||
|In Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences・University Hospital West Campus||ikev2-7.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp|
|Primate Research Institute (Inuyama)||ikev2-i.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp|
|Center for Ecological Research (Ohtsu)||ikev2-o.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp|
|Research Reactor Institute(Kumatori)||ikev2-k.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp|
Use of information resource off-campus
After the VPN connection, it comes to have the network environment of KUINS-III on-campus. For the use of information resource off-campus, please refer to Connection to off-campus service.