Kyoto University Integrated Network System (KUINS)
- Information about the whole service
- Application for using KUINS network
- Information socket with Web authentication
- The application for server certificate
- Application of the Subdomain
- Application for Wireless LAN access point
- The application of KUINS-II subnet
- Application for the connection to the remote place
- The use of P2P type file exchange software
- Application for the connection to SINET
- On-campus Network(KUINS)
- Connection to Off-campus Network Services
- Wireless LAN
- Kyoto University Integrated Network System (KUINS)
- Reference materials
- How to use KUINS-III static IP address
How to use KUINS-III static IP address
When you connect devices to KUINS-III LAN outlet, normally IP address will be assigned automatically by KUINS DHCP server. However, static IP address is required depending on devices such as network printers or file servers etc.
If you set static IP address, the following items are necessary. (The names of items might differ depending on devices' OS.)
The following information can be found when managers or contact persons in charge of each VLAN log in to KUINSDB.
IP address (static IP address assigning to terminals)
The IP address between "Start address" to "End address" are available for static IP address.
- If you want to expand/narrow the range of static IP address, please proceed the change application of "number of static IP address" in KUINSDB.
- Assigned static IP address should be managed by managers or contact persons in charge of each VLAN. Remarks column in KUINSDB is useful.
Designate the shown address exactly.
Designate the IP address in "IP:" field.
Please refer to this link for DNS servers.
IP addresses outside of your range are used by KUINS. If you wrongly assined such adresses, the duplication of IP address will happen, which causes network failure.
Please use only your own range when you assign IP address to devices.