Kyoto University Integrated Network System (KUINS)
- Information about the whole service
- Application for using KUINS network
- Information socket with Web authentication
- The application for server certificate
- Application of the Subdomain
- Application for Wireless LAN access point
- The application of KUINS-II subnet
- Application for the connection to the remote place
- The use of P2P type file exchange software
- Application for the connection to SINET
- On-campus Network(KUINS)
- Connection to Off-campus Network Services
- Wireless LAN
- Kyoto University Integrated Network System (KUINS)
- Reference materials
- KUINS Start Guide
KUINS Start Guide
This is the manual and cautions for new users of KUINS in new rooms when launching labs or departments etc.
Some departments may have their own operation policies or rules in order to manage the network. Please consult the network administrator of your department.
- Accounts for Faculty and Staff(SPS-ID) are issued to the Faculty and Staff in Kyoto University. Please activate your account.
- Check the name of LAN outlet in each room then proceed "new network application" in KUINSDB.
- Once you receive the notice of setting completion, carry out the wiring work in taking care of the loop.
- DHCP and also static IP addresses are available. Please connect printers or file servers with LAN cable and assign static IP address for them.
- Please note that the ports are limited for internet connection.
- Please use KUINS-Air for campus Wi-Fi. VLAN fixed connection to each labs is also available.
- If you want to use services limited on campus, please use VPN services. VLAN fixed connection to each labs is also available with using some services.
- In order to offer information to outside campus, please consider hosting services.