- Information about the whole service
- Regulations for Use of ACCMS
- Service Application Timeline
- Service Selection Guide
- Trial Account
- HPCI Face to Face Identity Vetting & HPCI User's Guide
- E-mail Newsletter
- Publishing Research Achievements
- Submitting User Report
- Other Application Procedures
- Call for Supercomputer Collaborative Research Project
- Supercomputer Educational Use Project
- Programming Seminars (FY 2019)
- Supercomputer System
- Use of Large-Format Printer
- Virtual Server Hosting Service
- Computing Services
- Seminars & Call for Projects
- Supercomputer Collaborative Research Project
- FY2016 Application Guideline of Collaborative Research Project for Young・Women Scientists
FY2016 Application Guideline of Collaborative Research Project for Young・Women Scientists
Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies, Kyoto University (ACCMS) calls for proposals of the Collaborative Research Project for scientists listed below as part of "The Joint Usage/Research Center for Interdisciplinary Large-scale Information Infrastructures (JHPCN) activities.
- (1)Young researchers under the age of 40 (including students, regardless of sex)
- (2)Women researchers (regardless of ages)
Submitted proposals are reviewed by "Supercomputer System Collaborative Research Planning Committee" of ACCMS and a committee of JHPCN, and about twenty proposals are adopted. ACCMS bears entire or part of the usage fee of the adopted proposals. Awarded researchers are required to submit a research report by the end of the fiscal year, to acknowledge their use of this system when publishing the achievements in papers, and to contribute an article on their research results to our Center News (Inter-University Services Bulletin). In addition, we require their cooperation for JHPCN activities such as a presentation at the JHPCN symposium.
The current supercomputer system is scheduled to end the service on August 15, 2016 (Mon) except for some systems and be replaced to a new system. Therefore, please note that the supercomputer is not available from August 15, 2016 (Mon) to the beginning of October.
- An applicant must be eligible for the use of the supercomputer system in FY2016.
- An applicant must be under the age of 40 or women (regardless of ages) as of April 1, 2016.
Conditions and Requirements
- ACCMS will bear the entire usage fee of the personal course (Type A, B, C, D, E or G), or part of usage fees (100,000 yen) of the group course when services are provided for its applicant only.
- Adopted researchers are required to:
- Submit a User Report of the Collaborative Research Project (Deadline:End of April, 2017)
- Contribute an article on the project achievements to the Inter-University Services Bulletin (A4 size about two pages)
- Please make sure to include the use of this project in the acknowledgment of academic journals or other publications, and to send us the list of the journals or the publications at the time of publishing the achievements.
※Please see "Acknowledgement for use of Collaborative Research Project" on how to specify in the acknowledgement.
We willingly adopt the proposals which are expected to create achievements having an academic impact and to develop into challenges for JHPCN in the future and proposals relating to software development that help to improve the performance and use efficiency of the supercomputer. We refer the system usage status, achievements and the presentations of the adopted proposals when we exam the future proposals.
Please send Application Form (Word file) by email to the Research Information Section.
- Deadline: 17:00 April 22, 2016 (Fri)
Note that the personal information provided in the Form will be used for the application purpose only.
Research Information Section, Information Promotion Division, Information Management and Communication Department, Kyoto University
comp-info*kudpc.kyoto-u.ac.jp(Please replace * in the email address with @)