- Information about the whole service
- Regulations for Use of ACCMS
- Service Application Timeline
- Service Selection Guide
- Trial Account
- HPCI Face to Face Identity Vetting & HPCI User's Guide
- E-mail Newsletter
- Publishing Research Achievements
- Submitting User Report
- Other Application Procedures
- Call for Supercomputer Collaborative Research Project
- Supercomputer Educational Use Project
- Programming Seminars (FY 2019)
- Supercomputer System
- Use of Large-Format Printer
- Virtual Server Hosting Service
- Computing Services
- Seminars & Call for Projects
- Supercomputer Collaborative Research Project
- Application Guideline of Collaborative Research Project for Large-Scale Computation for FY 2017 (3rd Period)
Application Guideline of Collaborative Research Project for Large-Scale Computation for FY 2017 (3rd Period)
Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies, Kyoto University (ACCMS) calls for proposals of the Collaborative Research Project for Large-scale Computation for the fiscal year 2017. This project is designed for research groups that use the supercomputer system or users of Private Cluster Course (including those who are in application process) in fiscal year 2017. Submitted proposals are reviewed by "Supercomputer System Collaborative Research Planning Committee" of the ACCMS. As for the adopted projects, the ACCMS bears the usage fee of the large-scale job course within a certain amount. This project period is from October 2017 to March 2018.(Except for the peak season: from mid-November to mid-February)
- Applicants must be the users of personal course, group course (including "Organization Fixed Rate") or private cluster course (including those who are in application process) in fiscal year 2017.
- Academic and technical achievements must be expected by large-scale computation in the Large-Scale Job course.
Conditions and Requirements
- For adopted research projects, ACCMS bears the fixed amount of usage fee of the large-scale job course. The amount of resources and the period are determined through our screening process based on those filled in application forms. Maximum amount of resources and the period to be provided are: Type A is 128 nodes for two weeks, Type B is 64 nodes for two weeks, Type C is 4 nodes for two weeks and Type E is 64 nodes for two weeks. In cases where the provided resources are small, the period can be extended, for example of Type A, 64 nodes per week for four times. Note that the period must be on a weekly basis. The period of series usage and project's start time are arranged with project representatives and determined by ACCMS.
Non-Japanese citizens such as international students who live in Japan less than six months and Japanese citizens residing in foreign countries may need to obtain an approval. Please see the following URL for details. If applicable, please consult Research Information Section.
- Project representatives are required to:
- Submit a User Report of the Collaborative Research Project by the end of April, 2018.
- Present the project achievements at the debriefing session (scheduled in May or June, 2018) open to Kyoto University faculty, staff, and students and supercomputer users.
- Contribute an article of about four pages (A4 size) on the project achievements to the Inter-University Services Bulletin.(Deadline:End of August,2018)
- Please make sure to include the use of this project in the acknowledgment of academic journals or other publications, and to send us the list of document information at the time of publishing the achievements.
* See examples at Acknowledgement for use of Collaborative Research Project
- In September 2017, ACCMS holds a hearing based on submitted application.
- In the screening stage, ACCMS places importance on research projects that will develop into a very large-scale computation, and that are jointly implemented with ACCMS.
- Large-scale job execution state data, results, and achievements obtained in adopted projects may be used for the screening committee's future reference.
Please fill out the Word file application form and email it to the Inter/Intra University Services Section.
Deadline: Fri. August 25, 2017 at 17:00
Personal information provided in the application will be used for application purposes only.