- Information about the whole service
- Types of ICcards
- Steps in issuing an IC card
- 【Limited on-Campus】Authentication system
- 【Limited on-Campus】Athentication IC Card
- ECS-ID(Accounts for students)
- 【Limited on-Campus】Facility Use Card
- 【Limited on-Campus】
- 【Limited on-Campus】ICカード読み取りソフト(FCFdumpソフト)
- 【Limited on-Campus】About the installation of the driver software of Kyoto University Authentication Infrastructure
- ECS-ID (for Student)
- SPS-ID (for Faculty and Staff)
- Authentication IC Card, Facility Use Card
- Authentication System
- ECS-ID (for Student)
- The usage
- Activating your ECS-ID account and password change
Activating your ECS-ID account and password change
How to activate your ECS-ID account (Student Account)
ECS-ID account notification letter will be sent to you via your department or it can be issued at the ICT Support Center if an application is lodged in person at the center. On your account notification letter, you will find your account ID and activation key. Please follow the steps below to activate your account.
Step 1: Access to the URL printed on the letter.
You can also access this URL from the QR code printed on the letter.
Step 2: Choose 'Activation of your account' and then click 'login to Activation'.
Step 3: Enter your account ID and activation key printed on your account notification letter. Then follow the instructions on the page to set up your new password and finish the account activation procedure.
Please note that; it might take up to an hour before your account is ready to access with your new password.
Expiry date of your ECS-ID activation key
The activation key printed on your account notification letter has an expiry date. Please check the date on the letter and activate your account by the date.
If you did not or are unable to activate your account by the expiry date, you will need to apply for an extension of activation date. Please apply at one of the following offices;
Please bring your ID issued by Kyoto University. Applications made at the offices except the IMC Support Office can take a few days to be processed.
Step 1: To change your password, please go to;https://ecs.iimc.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Step 2: Click 'Login to Setting'.
Step 3: Account management screen will appear. Choose 'Change password' from the menu on the left.
Step 4: Enter your current password and then new password.
Please note that it may take up to an hour before your new password is ready to use.