- Kyoto University Integrated Network System (KUINS)
- Connection from Off-campus
Kyoto University Integrated Network System (KUINS) FAQ
Connection from Off-campus
If you try an IKEv2 connection in Windows 10 (1903) which is the latest version as of July 24th, 2019 by using SPS-ID / ECS-ID and your password, the screen to enter your ID and password will not be displayed and your connection will end in failure.
It seems that there is a bug on Windows 10 (1903).
The following workarounds are effective.
If you change your authentication method into the client certificate authentication, you will be able to connect it.
- How to get your client certification
- How to set up client certificate authentication
(Please refer to page 6 in the IKEv2 manual.)
Please set up as below.
- If you choose [Windows Setting]-[Network & Internet]-[VPN], the list of VPN connections will be displayed.
※To reach [Windows Setting], click the windows mark at the bottom left hand corner and click ⚙ (a gear mark). Then, [Windows Setting] will be displayed.
- If you click the IKEv2 setting, the button for connection will be displayed. Please click it.
- 3. The screen to enter you ID and password will be displayed. Then, you will be able to connect it.