- Kyoto University Integrated Network System (KUINS)
- Connection from Off-campus
Kyoto University Integrated Network System (KUINS) FAQ
Connection from Off-campus
Please check the following points.
(1) If you are using PPTP on Windows 10, please use other VPN methods. The PPTP service of Kyoto University does not support Windows 10. http://www.iimc.kyoto-u.ac.jp/ja/services/kuins/vpn/use/windows.html
(2) DNS setting might not be "Automatic acquision". Please refer to the following web site and acquire the DNS server address automatically.
(3) Please confirm whether connection from your IP address is allowed. Your IP address can be viewed at http://www.iimc.kyoto-u.ac.jp/ip
(4) In case of IKEv2, SSTP or PPTP on Windows machine, please go to [Properties] of VPN --> [Network] tab --> [Properties] button of [Internet Protocol version4(TCP/IPv4)] --> [Advanced...] button then confirm if "Use default gateway on remote network" and "Automatic metric" are cheked.